The National Association of Federal Retirees has always been strongly committed to protecting your personal information, providing the necessary safeguards to secure it, ensuring its accuracy and maintaining your confidentiality in how we collect, use and disclose it. We keep your information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and to meet any legal requirements.
It has never been the practice of the Association to share or transfer personal information to any unrelated third party for any secondary marketing purpose.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information about you?
We do this to provide you with the services that you receive with your membership. This allows us to:
- Communicate with you;
- Enter your membership application into our database and create your membership;
- Collect your premiums through pension deductions (DDS) – if desired;
- Confirm membership for Preferred Partner discounts;
- Analyze membership statistics
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information for the purposes outlined above. Only the information pertinent to your membership will be obtained. This information could include:
- Name, address, telephone/fax numbers, e-mail address;
- Gender, marital status;
- Employment and/or retirement information;
- Pension information (number and source), if you decide to pay your membership dues by DDS
How may you show your consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of this personal information?
You indicate your consent in one or more of the following ways:
- By providing your personal information to the Association to enrol as a member, including information previously provided to us;
- By your express consent or acknowledgement in the membership application process
With whom do we share or collect information about you?
We may collect or share information with:
- Anyone authorized by you or by law to access such information;
- Industry data collection agencies for the purpose of summative analysis
May you withdraw your consent for us to collect, use and disclose your information?
You may, on reasonable notice, withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information. However, that may prevent us from providing you with the requested product or service.
We may contact you to offer other available, membership services and/or products. If you would rather not receive such information, please let us know that by contacting us as indicated below.
Further information or questions
If you have any concern about our privacy practices, you may also contact our Privacy Officer by telephone at 613-745-2559, fax number (613) 745-5457, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.