Thank you for contacting your Member of Parliament! Your message makes a big difference, and brings us closer to our goal – defeating Bill C-27.
Did you miss step 1? Click here to go back.
Now, take the next step – spreading the word.
A single message to a Member of Parliament is effective. It represents a vote – the key to any Member of Parliament keeping their job. Any politician will tell you that every vote counts, and that’s certainly true. But if one message and vote matters, imagine the strength of hundreds or thousands of messages!
We all have our own networks of friends, family and colleagues that we connect with all the time – and increasingly, we connect with them online. In no more time than it takes to share a fun family photo or news article, you can share information on how to take action to defeat Bill C-27.
Using the sample social media posts for Facebook and Twitter below, you can quickly and easily inform people in your own network about the importance of our campaign and how they can support our cause.
We have already put together a message for you, but feel free to write your own.
When expressing your opinion on C-27 don’t forget these key points, and the action you are asking them to take:
- Pensions are deferred compensation, and employees have already provided their services in exchange for them. Not honouring pensions is wrong and unfair; a deal is a deal.
- What is happening to Sears employee pensions right now is shameful – but, unfortunately, not uncommon. Big banks and high-paid executives are first in line when a company goes under, not employees and pensioners.
- Bill C-27, if passed, will allow employers to change employee pension plans too – even if the company isn’t in financial trouble. This legislation isn’t just unfair, it’s dangerous – if we allow employers to retroactively change pension deals, what’s next?
- The Finance Minister introduced Bill C-27 and has received paycheques from an organization that has lobbied for this legislation and stands to profit from it. While he has technically been cleared of conflict of interest allegations, who is really going to benefit from this legislation?
- If this government stands for the middle-class, as it claims, it will dismiss Bill C-27 immediately and fix the flaws in our pension system that allow companies to take advantage of their employees and retirees.
Ready to take the second step?
Use the power of social media to spread the word on Bill C-27 and target benefits.