June 13-19 is National Public Service Week! Thank you for being there for Canadians.
National Public Service Week (NPSW) was created in 1992, following the passage of the National Public Service Week: Serving Canadians Better Act, to recognize the importance of federal public service employees and to honour their dedication to Canadians. In accordance with the Act, the third week of the month of June is known as National Public Service Week in Canada.
NPSW 2022 will take place from June 12 to 18.
The current public health crisis has reminded us of the value of a strong public service. Canada’s outstanding public servants deserve our thanks for being there for us and protecting our health and safety. As we all do our part to limit the spread of COVID-19, there are still so many ways we can show our support and appreciation for Canadian public servants from a safe distance.
- Share stories and thank heroes
- Join the conversation on social media
- Hang a poster (or snap a selfie)
- Your membership matters
Public servants make a difference in the lives of Canadians every day. From keeping us safe, to improving health care and inventing new life-changing products and technologies, Canadian public servants truly serve the public.
Chances are that you know outstanding public servants who have gone above and beyond for Canada and for Canadians. Why not take this opportunity to shine a light on local public servants and celebrate their contributions to society?
Your stories bring life to our advocacy work and drive our campaigns. If you have a story to share, or you know a Federal Retirees member who does, send a message to email@example.com so we can follow up.
Show your love for Canada’s public service on social media! Use our sample posts and shareable graphics to spark conversations about meaningful interactions with Canadian public servants and to let them know how much their dedication and hard work means to you.
We’ve created messages and graphics you can share on Facebook to raise awareness of National Public Service Week and celebrate Canadian public servants. (Don’t forget to like Federal Retirees on Facebook for news and updates!)
- June 13-19 is National Public Service Week! Thank you for being there for Canadians.
- Canada’s public servants are there for us when we need it most. Thank you!
- Thank you for your service to Canada, from one generation to another!
Click the image to download the NPSW Facebook graphic!
Do you know any outstanding public servants? Tag them by name in a special message on Facebook like the one below, so they know you’re thinking of them!
- National Public Service Week is an opportunity to celebrate outstanding Canadian public servants. Thank you, @Name!
We’ve created messages and graphics you can share on Twitter to show your appreciation for Canadian public servants. (Don’t forget to follow Federal Retirees on Twitter and you’ll always be the first to know what we’re up to!)
- June 13-19 is #NPSW2021! Thank you for being there for Canadians.
- Thank you for protecting the health and safety of Canadians, from one generation to another! #NPSW2021
- Canada’s public servants are there for us when we need it most. Thank you! #NPSW2021
- You can also join the conversation on Twitter using the following hashtags: #ServCDNs, #NPSW, #NPSW2021
You can also join the conversation on Twitter using the following hashtags: #ServCDNs, #NPSW, #NPSW2021
Click the image to download the NPSW Twitter graphic!
Do you know any outstanding public servants? Tag them by name in a special message on Twitter like the one below, so they know you’re thinking of them!
- #NPSW is an opportunity to celebrate outstanding Canadian public servants. Thank you, @Name!
Our poster is a blank canvas for your creativity! Download our printable colouring page to place in your window at home, or to snap a selfie with, so you can let the public servants in your community know how much they’re valued. It’s a fun activity for the little ones in your life too, so be sure to print out a copy for them! Click the image to download your copy of our fun colour-in poster!
We are proud to advocate on behalf of Canada’s excellent public servants. Your membership supports our work to protect pensions and benefits for federal employees and retirees, and gives you access to useful information and savings to help you make the most of your retirement. If you aren’t a member yet, what are you waiting for! Join today – even if you’re not retired.