Our members benefit from a specially designed MEDOC® Travel Insurance through Johnson Inc. plan that coordinates with both the Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP) and your provincial government health insurance plan to offer unbeatable coverage at unbeatable rates.
I have 40 days coverage with PSHCP. Why should I buy MEDOC®?
Here's why over 90,000 Federal Retirees' members know that MEDOC® Travel Insurance is the right plan for them
As of September 1, 2019 - significant enhancements to MEDOC® with no increase in rates!
The Top 13
- New: Members are now covered for an unlimited number of trips within Canada of any duration
- New: Up to $15,000 per insured in-province Trip Cancellation, Interruption & Delay Insurance benefit
- New: Up to $5,000 non-medical emergency evacuation coverage
- New: Up to $500 document replacement coverage for lost or stolen documents
- New: Involuntary Schedule Change expense for the lesser of the change fee charged by the airline or up to $1,000 for the extra cost of one-way economy air fare to your next destination (inbound and outbound).
- MEDOC offers up to $10,000,000 as its policy limit
- Up to $15,000 per insured per trip for Trip Cancellation, Interruption and Delay insurance; PSHCP does not offer this
- Up to $3,000 for Vehicle Return; PSHCP does not offer this
- Up to $500 for Pet Return; PSHCP does not offer this
- Up to $1,500 per insured for Baggage and Personal Effects insurance (up to $3,000 per family); PSHCP does not cover this
- Up to $150,000 per insured for Flight Accident and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance; PSHCP does not cover this
- Because PSHCP only provides coverage for trips of up to 40 days in duration, MEDOC offers a Supplemental Plan to provide coverage beyond the 40th day of your trip. Any claim incurred after the 40th day of your trip will be eligible for coverage from first dollar ($1) with no deductible.
- All-new benefit: free exclusive access to Perkopolis!
- The MEDOC Annual Base Plan provides emergency medical coverage for an unlimited number of trips per policy year up to 40 days each for out of country travel (includes unlimited number of trips within Canada of any duration), for claims that exceed $500,000 (the coverage provided by your PSHCP). For claims exceeding $500,000, the following are examples of what is provided in addition to your PSHCP coverage:
- Up to $5,000 for Emergency Dental Expenses; PSHCP covers this benefit up to a maximum of $2,000 per emergency, so you can claim up to an additional $5,000 if you have MEDOC, and your emergency dental expenses are in excess of $2,000.
- Up to $600 for Emergency Relief of Dental Pain.
- Incidental hospital expenses (TV, telephone, etc.) MEDOC covers up to $50 per day, or up to a maximum of $2,000 per insured.
- PSHCP insures up to $3,000 for repatriation or burial. MEDOC covers any amount you incur in excess of this amount up to a maximum of $5,000.
- PSHCP insures up to $2,500 in total for all additional hotel and meals expenses. MEDOC covers up to $350 per day, or up to a maximum of $3,500 per insured. So if your emergency is within the first 40 days of your trip, and you incur this expense, you can claim $2,500 from the PSHCP plan and then a further $3,500 from MEDOC if you incur in excess of $2,500 for additional hotel and meal expenses.
- PSHCP covers 80% of emergency related medications prescribed while out of Canada and MEDOC will reimburse the other 20% of emergency related medications prescribed while out of Canada.
- New benefit - $100 per insured to be reimbursed for access to airport lounge access in the event your trip is interrupted or delayed due to a covered event.
Travel Safely - but Travel Protected
For more information on MEDOC® travel insurance, call toll-free at 1-855-772-6675 or visit our
insurance partner at www.johnson.ca/federalretirees.