Pensioners Dental Services Plan (PDSP)

The voluntary PDSP was established by the Government of Canada in 2001. It provides dental coverage to eligible federal pensioners and their family members who qualify, including survivors. Please note that conditions may apply. 

Complete details on the PDSP are set out in the PDSP Plan Rules. For more information, refer to:

To learn more about online access to Sun Life Financial, the company that provides coverage for the PDSP, check out the following e-tutorials:

Disclaimer: the information in the e-tutorials provides an overview of the site and functionality. The values and benefit described in the tutorials are not specific to the PDSP.

Information and Assistance

Use your ID and password to log onto the website for up-to-date information. For help, please contact the Sun Life Financial customer care centre 1-888-757-7427 (toll-free) or 613-247-5100.

Calling the Pension Centre

What you’ll need when you call:

  • Your full name
  • Your pension number, your personal record identifier (PRI) from your pension statement or pay stub, or your social insurance number
  • Your mailing address and telephone number
  • Your email address

If you’re calling on behalf of someone else, such as a spouse or parent, the Pension Centre needs their permission to speak to you. The pensioner can provide that over the phone, or they can send a signed letter that authorizes you to obtain information on their behalf. It’s also okay to make calls together. For example, a daughter and her father can use a speakerphone together to speak with a Pension Centre representative.

Additional Tips:

  • The Pension Centre commits to answering your call within 180 seconds, 80 per cent of the time. If the wait time is longer you’ll hear an automated message as soon as you reach the toll-free number.
  • November and December and from late January to March are busy times when you can expect longer wait times.
  • Whenever you connect with the Pension Centre, make sure your contact information is up-to-date.
  • It’s always okay to ask the person you’re speaking to for more information, a simpler explanation or for an answer in writing.
  • If you’re unhappy with how your call is proceeding or a decision that’s been made on your file, you can ask to have your call escalated to a supervisor.