Who does the Office of the Veterans Ombudsman (OVO) help?
The Office of the Veterans Ombudsman helps:
- Serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces
- Serving members or the RCMP
- Other clients of Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC)
How can the Office of the Veterans Ombudsman help?
The OVO can help answer your questions. It:
- provides information about the benefits, programs and services available from Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC), your eligibility and your rights and redress options
- refers you to service providers that can best help you
- assists you if you believe you have been treated unfairly by VAC or other service providers
OVO works first to resolve complaints informally, bringing closure as quickly as possible and at the lowest level possible. Most often, this means working and mediating with service providers.
How can I contact the Office of the Veterans Ombudsman?
For more information or help, contact OVO: