NAFR QUINTRENT BRANCH
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE MEETING
HELD THURSDAY 13 DEC 2018
|Vice President||Hugh Mackay|
|Director Telephone Committee||Denny Quirk|
|Director Welfare||Agnes Ward|
|Director Social Events||Gloria Johnson|
|Public Relations||Attila Kostya|
|Deputy Treasurer||Gary Rodrigue|
|Director Health & Seniors' Issues||Ian Inrig (recovering from a fall)|
|Secretary Nancy Everett|
1. CALL TO ORDER
The President called the meeting to order at 10:18 hrs.
2. PREVIOUS MINUTES
The Minutes of the previous meeting held on 8 Nov were approved as
presented on a Motion by Attila, seconded by Agnes, that they be accepted.
3. BUSINESS ARISING:
There was none
From our National Office, the President had received a letter and request to
complete a form (declaration) for a Small Supplier Division. This is in regard
to the GST and will be handled by National once the completed forms are
received from all Branches. All other items of correspondence are sent to the
Executive via email.
a. VP Membership:
DDS 417 D 369 S 1203 Total
Non DDS 46 D 48 S 140 Total
Grand Total: 1343
Memberships deleted due to non-payment so far, 9 S and 5 D.
Hugh also reported that he had sold 89 tickets for the Christmas luncheon
but due to cancellations and no-shows, 85 dinners were served.
In the absence of the Treasurer, the President presented the figures as
provided but clarification was needed so the figures are not presented here.
c. Telephone Committee:
Denny still needs to clarify some phone numbers on our membership list.
d. Director Welfare:
Agnes reported two deceased members: Grant MacDonald and William Moody.
e. Health and Seniors’ Issues:
No report, member absent
f. Director Social Events:
Gloria reported that the Christmas Luncheon was held. Only complaint was
that the turkey was cold and the Cook apologized that the it was not taken
out of the fridge early enough to warm up a bit. The Legion and Auxiliary
will be booked for next year, Friday, the 6th of December.
g. Public Relations & Publicity:
Attila reported that the Webpage is up-to-date; he will be adding another
page to place our Merry Christmas wishes; and he will attempt to take some
seasonal photos of the area to include on the page.
6. NEW BUSINESS:
a) Ted has arranged for a speaker from Wilkinson Chartered Accountants to
give a presentation and field questions on Personal Income Tax and its
implications specifically geared for Seniors. The Legion has been
booked for this event on Friday, February 1, with a gathering time of
11:45 a.m., sandwich, coffee, tea lunch by the Auxiliary at noon and the
presentation to start at 12:30 p.m. He asked that Hugh notify our
members via email; Denny’s Phone Committee to do a call out and Attila
to add this to our Webpage. Deadline for responding will be January 18
so we can notify the Legion of the numbers for the lunch. It was
unanimously agreed NOT to have a money draw. The upstairs bar will
not be opened but those in attendance may use the downstairs bar.
b) Discussion took place regarding a speaker for the General April meeting.
Suggestions are: The Chief of Police, the Fire Chief, personnel from one
of the Funeral Homes, Collette Travel. Tom will work on this.
c) Agnes requested a list of the Executive and phone numbers. Tom will
compile this list and email to all Executive members.
7. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting is planned for Thursday, Jan. 10 at 1000 hrs.
There being no further business, it was moved by Denny, seconded by Hugh
that the Meeting be adjourned at 1111 hrs.