Exec Meeting 11 Oct 2018


NAFR QUINTRENT BRANCH
MINUTES OF THE EXECUTIVE MEETING

HELD THURSDAY  11 OCT 2018
 

PRESENT

President Tom Kupecz
Secretary Nancy Everett
Treasurer Ted Kasprzak
Deputy Treasurer Gary Rodrigue
Director Telephone Committee Denny Quirk
Director Welfare Agnes Ward
Director Health & Senior's Issues Ian Inrig
Director Social Events Gloria Johnson
Public Relations Attila Kostya

 

REGRETS

Vice President Hugh Mackay


1. CALL TO ORDER

The President called the meeting to order at 1000 hrs.
 

2. PREVIOUS MINUTES

The minutes of the previous meeting, held 14 Jun, were presented. Moved by Agnes,
seconded by Attila that they be accepted.

CARRIED

3. BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES

There was none.
 

4. CORRESPONDENCE

There was none.
 

5. COMMITTEE REPORTS

a.  Membership

Hugh was not able to attend the meeting, but sent in the current membership numbers.
DDS 418D 373S 1209  Total
Non DDS 46D 49S   141  Total
    Grand Total: 1350
Memberships deleted so far in 2018 for non payment 7 single & 5 double.
The answering machine message has been updated.
The sign in sheet for the General Meeting is on the desk.
The Christmas Luncheon ticket sign out sheet is on the desk.

Hugh will bring both sheets to the General Meeting.
 

b.  Treasurer

Ted reviewed the 2019 budget. He stated that membership is down, but so are expenses. We need to come up with ways to spend the excess, created by the rent reduction. Suggestions were to reduce the cost for events and increase the number of monetary draws.  Ted discussed instructions from National re year end membership adjustments. Starting with the 2017 financial statement, we will need to have an item passed at the General Meeting, amending the previous years financial statement, due to adjustments required due to some members paying annual dues on dates that do not coincide with the calendar year.

Current bank balance in BMO is $1839.62.
 

c.  Telephone Committee

Denny stated that the committee is in action for the General Meeting. 174 households have been advised by phone of the upcoming meeting. Three out of 15 callers were not available this time around, so Denny filled in. The callers not available this time will remain on the committee, as they are usually available.

Some phone numbers were out of service. Denny asked if they could be dropped from the list. There was some discussion, and it was determined that there are various reasons why a phone number may be out of service for a short time. It was agreed to leave them on the list for now.
 

d.   Welfare

Agnes stated that Ernest Chevalier, Joy Sneyd and Walter Mirehouse have died.
 

e.   Health & Senior's Issues

Ian reported that he has attended a seminar on scams. He has a booklet, which is available on line only. He will check with the OPP to see if any hard copies are available. He said that the members will be provided with the URL at the General Meeting. Ian reviewed additional items he will cover at the General Meeting, including various scams and some cheat sheets.
 

f.   Social Events

Gloria stated that everything is ready for the General Meeting on Tuesday. The bar will be open starting at 1130, with lunch being served at 1200.
                   
The tickets for the Christmas Luncheon are ready, the cutoff is 30 Nov, to allow for the kitchen to be advised of the numbers.

Baker Island is free for mess members, it was suggested that it might be worthwhile to look into using it again. There was some discussion, and it was determined that using the Legion allows for more people to attend, and it is more centrally located.
 

g.   Public Relations and Publicity

Attila stated that everything is going well. The turn around for website updates is 3-4 days. He said that he is leaving on the 16th for Florida and will not be at the General Meeting. Gloria said she would take pictures.
 

6. NEW BUSINESS

Tom reported that the wreath for Nov 11th has been purchased. He and Agnes will lay it.

The agenda for the General Meeting was reviewed. Elections will actually be acclamations, as there has been no interest expressed in anyone else running. The bylaws were consulted, and we do have to ask for nominations from the floor. If none are received, then everyone will be acclaimed into their current positions.
 

7. NEXT MEETING

The next meeting is planned for Thursday Nov 8 at 1000.
 

8. ADJOURNMENT

There being no further business, it was moved by Gloria, seconded by Agnes that the Meeting be adjourned at 1102.

CARRIED

Nancy Everett                                  Tom Kupecz
   Secretary                                         President