The National Association of Federal Retirees has a proud 50-year history of advocacy on behalf of our members and all retirees. In collaboration with our volunteers and supporters from coast-to-coast, we continue this tradition of strong, smart advocacy campaigns that seek to protect against changes to our members’ hard-earned pensions and benefits, and to support good policy that improves the lives of all Canadians in their retirement.
Our History, Our Victories
Our success is not only measured in policy changes and legislation – it grows with every hour of meaningful discussion with Parliamentarians, and with every email and letter written. Together, we are achieving and surpassing our strategic advocacy goals and targets every day.
IMPROVED RETIREMENT SECURITY
- Fighting Bill C-27 and Target Benefit Plan conversions
- Over 30,000 emails and letters sent to Members of Parliament
- Over 75 meetings with MPs, Senators, Ministers, and Senior Government Officials
- Nearly 100 hours of collaborative planning with the Canadian Coalition of Retirement Security
- 13,000 words written in briefs to Federal and Provincial legislatures on C-27 and Target Benefit Plans
NATIONAL SENIORS STRATEGY
SUPPORT FOR CANADA’S VETERANS